Where Can I Learn More About Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin?
One of the most common questions I get is where can I learn more about bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies, and crypto mining. I’ve unfortunately had to resort to telling a lot my friends and colleagues these days that I simply don’t have the bandwidth to give everyone a multi-hour lectures on the space and they need to do some research on their own just like I did. Here’s
- The Bitcoin Whitepaper – A must read for anyone serious about the space. It’s not the easiest to read, but it’s short, albeit dense, at only nine pages. Reading it without fully understanding it at first is ok because it gives you a reference back to the origin and you can re-read this as you learn and go.
- The Ethereum Whitepaper – The whitepaper for the second largest cryptocurrency will help you understand how the blockchain can be used to build more robust distributed applications as well. It’s a vision of the future (and present) of the space.
- Digital Gold – This book is a history of the early of Bitcoin. It’s always good to know the roots of where something comes from. This is also a fun read.
- The Internet of Money – These are short excellent reads, by the guy who wrote Mastering Bitcoin. They are a collection of transcribed speeches he gave.
- The Book of Satoshi – Raw writing of the mysterious Satoshi. Interesting; semi-technical.
- Mastering Bitcoin – The Bitcoin Bible. This is how Bitcoin really works. A long read and highly technical. You probably want to try to read it at some point and it’s ok if you don’t understand 75% of it. This is the white paper unraveled in to a textbook.
- Crypto Assets – http://amzn.to/2Ei2Rhy – This book talks more about the crypto ecosystem at large and how to think about investing in it and the legal/financial issues too.